Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I am amazed

The conference this weekend was great...I talked for over an hour and we had some time to answer questions. J and I were able to talk with some people after the meeting and I know many were touched by Pearl's story. People gained a better understanding of grief and if only one person walked away knowing better how to talk to a grieving person then it was all worth it. I could tell so many were praying...I wasn't really nervous and my voice didn't even shake! I am looking forward to the next time we are able to tell our story.

I received an email this week from MCK Mama...some of you may know her! She is now 30 weeks pregnant with Stellan....he is a miracle baby! Check out her blog for the full story by clicking on the button to the right...yes up there! She asked me if people wanting to donate in Stellan's honor could donate to String of Pearls! I was so honored as well as surprised...then I was reminded that nothing takes God by surprise so I should say yes...I did say yes with a lump in my throat and a tears in my eyes. This really isn't about the money..although money is something we do need to keep String of Pearls running. We do need money for brochures and gift packets etc....this is really about reaching families who feel so alone. This is about giving people a different option and a hand to hold. I am honored God would use us this way. Thank you so much MCK Mama for allowing Stellan to be a part of our story.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I saw your blog mentioned on MckMama's blog and I am so incredibly touched and inspired by your story! I have been incredibly blessed to have four healthy children and honestly do not know where you get the strength that you possess. I admire you!

I am amazed by what you have put together in String of Pearls. Is there anything that someone can do to help that isn't involved in a fatal prognosis pregnancy. If so I would love to help in any way I can.

What an inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing your story.

Shanygne said...

Yeah!!! You rock, beautiful lady! You are an inspiration to so many.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know I think about you all the time. I don't always have time to sit down and write anything but I was thinking and praying for you over last weekend. I am so proud of what you and Josh are doing with Pearl's Story. We love you guys and miss you so much. Can't wait to see you again.

Tyne said...

Hi Laura, I am so glad to have found you and your organization/ministry, String of Pearls, through MckMama.

It really is such an answer to prayer, as my friend, Christina, is so in need of support. I have directed her to the String of Pearls website, but if you are able, will you please visit her Caring Bridge Site for her daughter, Savannah Grace and introduce yourself?

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/savannahgraceburrell

May the Lord richly bless this endeavor as you bless others through your own trials...

Tyne said...

Thanks, laura! I appreciate it...

I saw you have "A Chance to Die" Blog. Awesome book. Awesome woman- very instrumental in my walk with the Lord.

Adrienne said...

Friend, I am so proud of you! I'm so glad that your talk went well and think it is fabulous that the whole crew was able to be with you...all part of the beautiful, ongoing story...praying for peace for your kiddos, too. Such big tender hearts, that feel so deeply. Love you. Let's walk next week. Ade xoxox